Want to boost the value of your home but don't have the budget for a significant renovation? Don't worry; many home improvements can increase your home's value but don't require tons of money,
Improve Your Home Without Breaking the Bank
Dated: December 15 2020
Want to boost the value of your home but don't have the budget for a significant renovation? Don't worry; many home improvements can increase your home's value but don't require tons of money.
However, when making your home improvements, it is vital to ask yourself, "Will the money I invest be recouped in the sale of the home?" The best renovations not only cover their costs, but they will boost your home's value and provide you with an excellent return. Of course, the key is identifying home improvements that will deliver the most significant return for the smallest investment.
Here are renovation projects that are both easy and inexpensive ways to dial up your home's appeal and value:
- Paint the front door: You might not have the budget for a full exterior paint job, and that is okay, but have you looked at your front door lately? It's a focal point from the street, and if it's looking weathered, updating it with a fresh coat of semi-gloss paint will improve its appearance and impact your curb appeal. If you have more room in your budget, consider replacing the door entirely.
- Paint the foyer/entryway: Interior paint is a noticeable improvement, but you don't have to make it an all-or-none proposition. Where do people enter your home? Like the front door, your point of entry is the first impression of the inside of your home. Refresh the point of entry of your home and make it look brand new.
- Change light fixtures and switch plates: You probably don't even notice your light fixtures anymore, but buyers will. Swapping out the fixtures and modernizing the look goes a long way. The same goes for switch plates; replace the old (and possibly dirty) with fresh new stylish ones.
- Upgrade kitchen and bath fixtures: Do you need a new sink, or do you need a fresh faucet? It's incredible how much a deluxe kitchen faucet upgrade can change perceptions of a kitchen. The same goes for the bathrooms: Faucets and even a new toilet can do wonders. Along with this, a detail that often gets overlooked is doorknobs. Replace old doorknobs on kitchen cabinets or anywhere around your home for a fresh and simple upgrade.
- Garden upgrades: Fresh borders on your flower gardens, new flowers, and fresh mulch are all small touches that refresh a home's exterior. Remember that simple lawn maintenance can pay off in the end. It is believed that "the cost of maintaining your lawn is only about $330. In exchange, you can recover a value of 303% or $1,000 from this basic fix, according to the National Association of Realtors" (CheatSheet).
- Clean Carpets: Having a professional clean your carpets is an inexpensive investment to update your home and make it feel cleaner quickly. It is often suggested not to replace wall-to-wall carpeting before selling your home because homeowners like choosing their carpeting. Therefore, cleaning is the best option to create a clean feeling environment.
Want a second pair of eyes to advise you on your remodeling, big or small? I am happy to help you make a checklist to prepare your home for sale. Give me a call today: